Friday 3 April 2020

Scholarship Awards Ceremony & PGR Welcome

I am very late in posting about this but I thought it was an important thing to record on this blog.

On 25th January the Doctoral College hosted a PGR welcome event where we were able to meet and mingle with other PGR students. This was a really nice welcome for me, as a distance student who otherwise wouldn't meet anyone. I know that it will also be difficult to truly feel a part of the University, whilst living 3 hours away and commuting once a month. This event made being a student at the University more real for me. It was also genuinely friendly, motivational, and fun!

Following straight on from this event was the schoalrship awards ceremony, during which students who had been awarded scholarships were acknowledged, and donors thanked. I confess to tearing up a one point... I am so grateful to have been given this opportunity for PhD research; in fact, I had withdrawn my application last year due to personal doubts and a lack of funds. Winning this scholarship was a last minute offer and I am very - very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog